Here are some of their top priorities in 2022:
In the U.S., where the youth e-cigarette crisis continues and the FDA has yet to take decisive action, we will:
- Make the strongest possible case for the FDA to eliminate all flavored and high-nicotine e-cigarettes – and continue to defend the FDA’s authority from legal attacks by the tobacco industry.
- Address the growing threat of synthetic nicotine (nicotine made in a lab, rather than derived from tobacco), which some e-cigarette manufacturers are now using to evade FDA regulation.
- Fight at the state and local level to eliminate all flavored tobacco products and counter increasingly aggressive opposition from the tobacco industry.
- Critical fight: We’re gearing up to defend California’s statewide ban on flavored e-cigarettes, menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars, which is on the ballot in Fall 2022.
- Deepen our work to reduce the devastating health disparities caused by tobacco use.
- Key deadline: By April 2022, the FDA must keep its promise and issue proposed rules to prohibit menthol cigarettes and flavored cigars.
Click on the button below to read about their international efforts and successes