The select team of the sponsoring organization is oriented by FrameWork Health staff in a community conference session or by a conference audio/visual call in approximately 3 hours to learn about the system of intervention, allow opportunity for discussion and concerns, and set the wheels in motion for almost immediate roll-out of a carefully crafted program. There is a downloadable manual for the team members on this website and all the guidance you will need. It fits within the parameters of quality mentored health behavior change that allows self-determination and control over the cessation process augmented by a strong follow-up support component. The education and the social integration learned and achieved in the cessation program will benefit families and community. We want to team up with you to accomplish that!
Linda Royer of FrameWork Health has developed a method to facilitate successful cessation using a combination of:
1. Assessment Interview using a standard tool crafted for CMATCH, titled Tobacco Cessation Assessment Tool, in which strengths and weakness in the areas of history, tobacco use intensity, health beliefs and values, perception of stress and response to it, the concept of personal power and confidence, determination of readiness, learning style, and degree of social support present in the individual are identified. By this, readiness and placement in the program are obtained and benchmarks are set.
2. A self-help wholistic tobacco cessation program, Taking Control, applying audio and visual guidance, and projected free, in eBook format, from this website .
3. Carefully scripted, scheduled motivational telephone coaching by carefully prepared individuals.
4. Social engagement in strategically scheduled group meetings in workshop format for supportive health education and the development of mentoring relationships.
CMATCH is designed to be offered in a variety of circumstances or preferences:
When social distancing is necessary, participants can attend with Workshop leaders on internet-based group meeting software, such as Zoom, where teaching and discussion can build support and accountability can be assessed. The individual coaching of Taking Control and follow-up telephone coaching is already designed for distance.
Limited Person-Person Meetings
Workshops can be planned for facility accommodations that support social distancing and masks in sequential timing through the day or evening. The presentation materials can still be viewed and the self-study materials are downloadable from the website.
Target Populations: General Adults, including Smoking Mothers; with or without insurance; Individuals with tobacco-related unhealthy conditions; English speakers (or with accompanying translator).
Purpose: To provide a community-based program that offers periodic and regular group learning and peer support while engaging participants in individualized staged intervention toward tobacco cessation.
1. Attract 10-20 intervention-seeking tobacco users through referral from a neighbor/friend/family member or health professionals. Register them by means of a thorough tobacco-related history interview by phone and in the TCAT survey, where their Stage of Readiness (Prochaska & DiClemente) is determined.
2. For those who are Ready for Action, Invite them to the First Workshop Meeting: In a neutral location for 1 ½ hours for orientation using the following tools and procedures:
a. Program overview
b. Individualized assessments
c. Identification of Stage of Change
d. Utilization of FRAMES - Motivational Interview process
e. Presentation on current intervention theory and practice
f. Schedule the following activity plan for those in the Determination or Action Stage
3. Enroll them in Taking Control to participants with orientation to the website course
4. Set up telephone support schedule with participants
Telephone support calls begin according to mutually determined schedule, planned quit day, and societal conditions for gatherings. Written scripts guide facilitators; a Progress Pathway and Summary of observed concerns guide progressive proactive phone calls. Relationship grows into a mentoring one over at least 1 year with early calls scheduled according to known periods of need (from research) more frequently and occurring at farther intervals over time.
5. Schedule a Vegetarian Potluck meal and motivating movie for end of 1st month. Food is provided by the sponsoring organization.
6. Schedule Vegetarian Celebration Banquet for end of 2nd month. Food is provided by the sponsoring organization with recipes and an invitation to a follow-up Vegetarian Cooking Class.
a. Award Ceremony
c. Contemplators invited to motivate them to Action
d. New registrants invited to join celebration
7. Submit report on this cohort at 1 month and 6 months via the Form on the Contact page.
8. Start new cohorts on a 3-4 month rotation
There is a comprehensive portfolio of aids to conducting a successful CMATCH intervention in nicotine addiction recovery on the Leaders Resources page.
First, we ask you to Register your name and that of your group and how we might contact the leader(s) as well as be available to assist in any way we can. By clicking the button below you will be taken to the Registration Form on the Contact Page. Then you may proceed to the Leader's Resource Page (link in menu above).
You will not be on your own in this endeavor . . . we provide orientation and training with the materials on this site. Once you register, we will arrange with you the details for that.
Thank you for your interest, enthusiasm, andcooperation
The cost for Workshop activity will be borne by the sponsoring community organization for:
time in training the team and mentors, hospitality items,
food, handout materials,
Framework Health provides the website course and its downloadable handouts and bears the cost of internet fees, telephone service and coaching software, and administration of CMATCH. Phone Coaching services by FrameWork Health staff is negotiable with the sponsor.
Sponsoring organizations are asked to donate for each event they hold; $200 is suggested. Fundraising efforts will be ongoing. The donation can be made through the PayPal link below.